At Fern Street Family Centre, we are committed to keeping you, your family and our team safe by doing all we can to prevent transmission of Covid-19. The steps we are taking are based on current government advice which can be found here
We are taking the following steps to keep us all safe:
• Keeping children in the same groups or ‘bubbles’ wherever possible and avoiding mixing of children and group leaders in the bubbles.
• Smaller group sizes – with a maximum of 15 children in a ‘bubble’ and at least 2 group leaders for each bubble.
• Doing activities outside wherever possible
• Asking parents to socially distance 2 metres apart at pick-up and drop-off times
• No parents or siblings allowed into the building at pick-up and drop-off times
• More frequent handwashing by everyone including children. We will provide hand sanitiser for children to sanitize their hands at the start and end of each session as a minimum.
• Equipment will be cleaned between use by different groups or quarantined for minimum of 72 hours.
• More frequent cleaning of surfaces, equipment and toys.
• Keeping records of all attending with up-to-date contact details so that if any child tests positive, all those in the bubble can be quickly and easily contacted by NHS Test and Trace and asked to self-isolate.
• Any child who shows symptoms of cough/fever during a session will immediately be taken to a designated area where the child can be kept safe and separate from others and the parent/carer contacted to collect them immediately. Team members developing symptoms will be asked to go home immediately.
• All children/group leader are requested NOT to come to sessions if they have Covid-19 symptoms but to self-isolate at home, inform their bubble leader and book a test.
• If a child/group leader tests positive for Covid-19, the parents of all children in the bubble will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace and their household asked to self-isolate for 14 days. If requested we will provide contact numbers to NHS test and trace to enable this.
Parent/Carers, please help us by taking the following steps:
• Do NOT bring your child to activities if your child or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19 such as a persistant cough or high temperature
• Keep a 2 metre distance from others when picking up or dropping off your child for their activity.
• Please ask your child to use the toilet at home before their session.
• If your child or anyone in your household develops symptoms of Covid-19, please stay at home and book a test by calling 119 or online NHS.uk. Please also call us to let us know.
• If your child becomes unwell whilst at our session, we will call you to collect them immediately. They will be kept safe and separate from others whilst they are waiting for you to collect them.
• Be aware that we will pass your contact details to NHS Test and Trace if necessary so that they can contact you if someone in your child’s bubble tests positive for Covid-19. We will ask you sign a form agreeing to this, before you child joins activities.
You can download our full Covid-19 Statement here